Order terms and conditions and pricing subject to change without notice, for additional questions please contact SME Customer Care between 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. ET, Monday-Friday, at 800.733.4763 or 313.425.3000 ext. 4500. You can also email us at email@example.com.
The SME Store offers SME members and nonmembers access to a huge collection of manufacturing content in the following categories through the following means of delivery:
Books, DVDs, and CD-ROMS. You can choose from SME’s extensive catalog of manufacturing training books (in hard copy form), DVDs, and CD-ROMS and order by mail and online via the SME Store (sme.org/store).
eBooks: in addition to offering hard copy books, many SME publications can now be purchased on-demand as eBooks or as individual eChapters.
Manufacturing Knowledge Base WIKI (formerly TMEH): the former nine (9) volume Tool & Manufacturing Engineer’s Handbook, has gone digital and is available in a new peer-reviewed and validated WIKI environment (sme.org/wiki).
Video On-Demand/Download: you can choose from SME’s extensive catalog of manufacturing training videos and download them or watch them online, on-demand, from any location with Internet access.
use your American Express, MasterCard, Visa or Discover card to order online at sme.org/store
Telephone: call SME Customer Care between 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. ET, Monday-Friday at 800.733.4763. Outside U.S. and Canada call 313.425.3000 ext. 4500.
Mail: send payment to SME, Customer Care Department, P.O. Box 6028, Dearborn, MI 48121.
All orders must be accompanied by money order, check, purchase order (subject to credit approval), or valid credit card information (we accept American Express, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover). Remit payment in U.S. funds drawn on U.S. banks. All prices subject to change without notice.
Send payment to:
Customer Care Department
P.O. Box 6028
Dearborn, MI 48121
Multiple Copy Discounts
Volume discounts (same title) apply only to those books and videos published by SME. Discounts off list price
for volume purchases are:
- 20% off 11-25 items
- 25% off 26-50 items
- 30% off 51-99
- 40% off 100 or more
All orders must be placed by telephone or by purchase order (by fax, mail, or email) to receive multiple copy discounts. This discount is not applicable with any other discount.
Shipping and handling charges apply to all book and video orders, unless otherwise indicated. Shipping and handling charges vary by the weight of the product(s) ordered and the destination of delivery. Delivery options such as express delivery are available upon request at an additional charge. Please call or email SME Customer Care for pricing.
For information on authorized distributors, please call SME Customer Care at 313.425.3000 ext. 4500 between 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. ET, Monday-Friday. If ordering directly from SME, pre-payment in U.S. dollars must accompany your order, checks must be drawn on a U.S. bank. We also accept international American Express, MasterCard, Visa, and Discover. If payment does not accompany your order, a pro forma statement will be processed and mailed/faxed to you. When you return the pro forma with payment in U.S. funds (drawn on a U.S. bank), materials will be shipped promptly. For fastest service and waiver of the pro forma requirement, provide delivery instructions and valid credit card information. All credit card numbers are verified before order processing.
To place orders for SME book and video titles in the United Kingdom, Europe, Middle East, and Africa contact:
3 Henrietta Street
London WC2E 8LU
Tel: +44 (0) 207 240 0856
Fax: +44 (0) 207 379 0609
For products shipped to the following states, please add applicable sales tax: MA (6.25%), OH (5.5%), MI (6%), IL (6.25%), TX (6.25%), MN (6.875%), and CA (7.5%). In Canada, a 5% GST tax will be added to the corresponding province tax. Rates subject to change. Tax-exempt organizations must supply certificate of tax-exempt status.
In-stock items are shipped within 24 hours with anticipated delivery in 2-5 business days inside the U.S. and Canada.
All books may be examined for 15 days. If you're not satisfied, you may return the book(s) with your invoice marked "cancel" for a refund on the purchase price. Books must be in resalable condition. Delivery costs are non-refundable.
DVD and CD-ROM Returns: DVDs/videos and CD-ROMs are not refundable. Defective DVDs and CD-ROMS will be replaced for the same title. SME uses DVD-R format DVD discs that will only play in DVD players or computers capable of reading DVD-Rs. There may be compatibility issues experienced with some older DVD players.
Scratched or Damaged DVD: If you accidentally scratch or damage your DVD, you can return it to SME for a replacement of the same title. Please include a fee of $25 per DVD in U.S. funds drawn from a U.S. bank.
Digital Product Returns: eBooks/epubs, video on-demand and video download products are non-refundable.
Quantity Book Order Returns: SME requires a return authorization (RA) prior to returning volume book orders for credit or refund and such requests must be made within 30 days of invoice date (six months — 180 days — for school bookstores). SME will authorize returns per the following conditions:
- the book(s) must be an active title
- book(s) must be in new condition
- book(s) must be returned with all original packaging and accessories
Damaged books and/or cover-only returns will not be issued credit or refunded. If by returning books the original order falls below the threshold for any discount received, your discount will be modified and refund/credit may be less than expected.
To obtain a return authorization, call SME Customer Care between 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. ET, Monday-Friday at 800.733.4763. Outside U.S. and Canada call 313.425.3000 ext. 4500. Please be prepared with your original SME invoice number, purchase order number, item stock number, title, and quantity of the book(s) to be returned. Upon approval, an RA form will be faxed to customer with the RA number and return address label. Items authorized for return must be clearly labeled on the outside of the carton(s) with the RA number issued by SME Customer Service. Customer is responsible for all return shipping charges. CODs are not accepted.
Textbook Examination Copies
College instructors may request a review copy of SME-published books. Include your name and title, name of the institution, title of the course for which the text is being considered, approximate number of students per semester, and the primary school bookstore(s) in the request. Send request to:
Examination Copy Request
Book Publications Department
One SME Drive, P.O. Box 930
Dearborn, MI 48121-0930
Purchase orders from authorized SME distributors must clearly state: "Materials Purchased for Resale" and include your assigned Distributor Code. Interested in becoming a distributor? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
How SME’s Purchase On-Demand Written Content Service Works
The SME Store offers an online service that gives you access to SME’s extensive catalog of books, technical papers and other written content (hereafter “Written Content”) in a digitally downloadable format. This written content may be purchased on-demand over the Internet to content ready devices. Once a given written content has been selected and paid for, the subscriber can download the content an unlimited number of times for personal use. We reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to make changes from time to time and without notice in how we operate our Service. Any description of how our Service works should not be considered a representation or warranty with respect to how the Service will always work.
Usage Rules for On-Demand Written Content Service
- You shall be authorized to use the Written Content Service only for personal use.
- You shall not be authorized or entitled to download (other than through page caching necessary for personal use, or as otherwise expressly permitted), modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, duplicate, publish, license, create derivative works from, or offer for sale any information contained on, or obtained from or through Written Content Service, without our prior written consent from SME.
- You may not circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade, or thwart any of the content or digital rights protections in the Written Content Service. You may not frame or utilize any framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or forms) without our prior written consent.
- The delivery of any written content through the Written Content Service does not transfer to you any commercial or promotional use rights in the subject written content.
- Any unauthorized use of the Written Content Service or its contents will cause automatic termination of the limited license granted by us and will result in the cancellation of your account access.
How SME’s Video On-Demand Streaming Service Works
The SME Store offers an online service that gives you access to SME’s extensive catalog of manufacturing training videos. These videos can be viewed on-demand by streaming over the Internet to content ready devices. Once a given video has been selected and paid for, the purchaser can view the video an unlimited number of times for up to thirty (30) days. Optionally, the service offers the ability to purchase and download videos over the Internet to content ready devices. Once a given video has been selected and paid for, the purchaser may download the video through their SME account. We reserve the right in our sole and absolute discretion to make changes from time to time and without notice in how we operate our Service. Any description of how our service works should not be considered a representation or warranty with respect to how the service will always work.
Availability of the Video On-Demand Streaming Service
The availability of manufacturing training videos through video on-demand streaming will change from time to time, and from country to country. You may stream manufacturing training videos through the SME Store only in geographic locations where we offer our said service. The content that may be available to watch may vary by geographic location. SME may use technologies to verify your geographic location.
The quality of the display of the streaming videos may vary from computer to computer, and device to device, and may be affected by a variety of factors, such as your location or the bandwidth or speed of your Internet connection. You are responsible for all Internet access charges. SME makes no representations or warranties about the quality of your streaming experience.
Personal Computer Requirements and Device Limitations
To enjoy streaming videos via your personal computer, tablet, or other mobile device, your equipment must satisfy certain system requirements (hyperlink to: http://support.brightcove.com/en/docs/faq-viewing-brightcove-video to view the basic system requirements). You will be taken to the Brightcove website to view system requirements. YOU MAY STREAM MANUFACTURING TRAINING VIDEOS ON UP TO THREE (3) UNIQUE AUTHORIZED DEVICES. YOU WILL BE ALLOWED TO STREAM SIMULTANEOUSLY ON ONLY ONE (1) SUCH DEVICE AT ANY GIVEN TIME. The number of devices and concurrent streams may change without notice to you.
Usage Rules for Video On-Demand Streaming Service
- You shall be authorized to use the video on-demand service only for personal use.
- You have thirty (30) days after subscribing to view a given video through the video on-demand service. Access to view any video within the video on-demand service expires after thirty (30) days.
- You shall not be authorized or entitled to download (other than through page caching necessary for personal use, or as otherwise expressly permitted), modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, duplicate, publish, license, create derivative works from, or offer for sale any information contained on, or obtained from or through video on-demand streaming service, without our prior written consent.
- You may not circumvent, remove, alter, deactivate, degrade, or thwart any of the content or digital rights protections in the video on-demand service. You may not frame or utilize any framing techniques to enclose any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information (including images, text, page layout, or forms) without our prior written consent.
- The delivery of any video through the video on-demand service does not transfer to you any commercial or promotional use rights in the subject videos. Any streaming capabilities are solely an accommodation to you and shall not constitute a grant, waiver, or other limitation of any rights of the copyright owners in any content embodied in any video.
- Any unauthorized use of the video on-demand service or its contents will cause automatic termination of the limited license granted by us and will result in the cancellation of your account.