Preparing Your Proposal for Submission
Preparing a proposal for a new book title and/or video program is an important step in developing a project. It’s also necessary to assess your idea and arriving at a publishing decision.
Before submitting your Proposal Submission Form, make sure you have the following information ready for submission:
- What job functions, titles, and/or industries your subject serves?
- What are the problems, pains, or demands experienced by the market? How will your book/video address these?
- What are some comparable titles in the market? How will your subject matter differ?
- What is your subject about?
- hat are the key features and advantages of your subject?
- What are the proposed segments?
- Is there a table of contents?
- What is the projected length of the manuscript/video program?
- How many illustrations do you estimate being included? In what format will these be prepared?
- If you have a sample chapter, outline, or script, we highly recommend submitting this with your proposal. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When would the first draft be available?
- When would the final be available?
Please include a suggested list of reviewers for the proposal with complete contact information. Please note that reviewers should be authorities in the field or fall within the target audience.