This award is offered to student chapter faculty advisors in recognition of their service to SME and their student chapter(s) in advancing manufacturing knowledge, education and SME's 2017 Strategic Plan.
- Provide professional development support in the form of a monetary award for current student chapter faculty advisors. Award to be used for professional development or to support the student chapter activities.
- Acknowledge and reward those who demonstrate commitment to advancing SME's 2017 Strategic Plan.
- Highlight services and activities performed on behalf of SME.
- Recognize advancing professional growth of student chapter members.
Monetary award valued up to $2,000 and a recognition certificate.
- Applicant must be an SME member.
- Applicant must be a current SME student chapter faculty advisor.
- Applicant must be an employee of the educational institution sponsoring the SME student chapter.
- Applicant's student chapter must be compliant with SME chapter requirements, i.e., submitted all the required forms, have a minimum of 10 active student members and has a sponsoring senior chapter.
- Eligible for one award per calendar year.
- Complete the application form (PDF).
- Include a personal statement outlining your professional goals, contribution to the profession and SME student chapter.
- Include curriculum vitae.
- Applications not selected can be resubmitted for the next deadline of awards program.
- Applicant agrees to submit a final report on how the award helped his/her professional development.
- Describe your activities and contributions toward advancing SME's 2017 Strategic Plan.
- Describe your service and support to your student chapter.
- How will this award benefit the growth and development of the SME student chapter?
- How will this award benefit your professional development?
- Personal statement: What are your professional goals and how will this award assist in accomplishing these goals?
All application materials must be received by SME NO LATER THAN THE CLOSE OF BUSINESS ON FEBRUARY 1. INCOMPLETE APPLICATION MATERIALS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Recipients will be notified of acceptance within 45 days after application deadline. Presentation of the award must be arranged by the local chapter, SME membership consultant (MCon) or member and industry relations manager (MIRM) at a designated SME event.
Please direct applications and any questions to:Member Services
P.O. Box 930
Dearborn MI 48121
800.733.4763 | 313.425.3000