What is an International Reseller?
International Resellers are independent organizations whose primary purpose is to provide knowledge, training and certification throughout the world. Resellers have a deep commitment to Lean and have a clear understanding of lean principles, as well as of the differences between tactical (Bronze), integrative (Silver) and strategic lean (Gold).
Requirements of an International Reseller
Resellers are required to be members of SME, AME, The Shingo Prize or ASQ.
Resellers should have experience in collaborating with not-for-profit and/or educational organizations. Resellers should be connected into resources that support workforce development needs for their territory, and a track record of delivering training to meet those needs.
Resellers need to have a certified trainer who has gone through the certification process; experience is the best teacher.
These are NOT exclusive agreements.
Your Benefits as a Reseller
- Retain all training and education funds
- Receive a substantial discount off of the US$ rate for lean certification
- Access to existing marketing templates and brochures for promotion. Any customized communications & translations must be approved by SME
- Collaborate with SME on certification exam offerings to minimize administration. SME makes it easy to coordinate the testing group
- Become a key point of contact for certification candidates in the area. Once 50 people are certified in a region, local language (non-english) submissions will be allowed. As inquiries are received for training within the resellers designated territory, SME will refer candidates to the reseller as a local delivery point for training as well as a proctored exam site.
- Purchase approved certification prep materials through SME
The Northern Europe Cooperation is an SME International Reseller, which includes effektivitet.dk of Denmark and Sandholm Associates of Sweden. "In response to international requests, we have created a business model that will allow emerging lean leaders outside of North America to begin their pursuit of lean certification," said Tara Douglass, certification liaison for SME.
Beginning the Process
To begin the process of becoming an International Reseller, you must first fill out the application and submit an A3 to SME for review. Once the application and A3 have been accepted, you will receive a formal contract with attachments that explain the next steps etc.
To talk directly with SME's International Reseller about this opportunity, please contact:
International Reseller Liaison
One SME Drive
Dearborn, MI 48121-0930