Lean Certification International Reseller
What is an International Reseller?
International resellers are independent organizations whose primary purpose is to provide knowledge, training, and certification. Resellers have a deep commitment to lean and have a clear understanding of lean principles, as well as of the differences in lean from a tactical (Lean Bronze Certification), integrative (Lean Silver Certification), and strategic (Lean Gold Certification) viewpoint.
Requirements of an International Reseller
- Resellers are required to be members of AME, Shingo Institute, or SME.
- Resellers should have experience in collaborating with not-for-profit and/or educational organizations.
- Resellers should be connected into resources that support workforce development for their region and have a record of accomplishment of delivering training to meet those needs.
- Resellers must have a certified trainer who has gone through the Lean Certification process – experience is the best teacher.
Your Benefits as a Reseller
- Resellers will retain all training and education funds.
- Resellers receive a substantial discount off the US currency rate for Lean Certification.
- Resellers receive access to marketing materials for promotion. Any customized communications and translations must be approved by SME in advance.
- Resellers can collaborate with SME on certification exam offerings to minimize administration. SME makes it easy to coordinate the testing group.
- Resellers become a key point of contact for certification candidates in their region. Once 50 people are certified in a region, submissions in the local language (non-English) for their region will be allowed.
- SME will refer candidates to the reseller as a local delivery point for training as well as a proctored exam site.
- Approved certification preparation materials through SME.
Beginning the Process
To begin the process of becoming an international reseller, you must first complete the application and A3 form to SME for review. Once the application and A3 have been approved, you will receive a formal contract with attachments that explain the next steps.
NOTE: International reseller agreements are NOT exclusive.
For further information about the international reseller program, contact:
Lean Certification Program Manager
1000 Town Center
Southfield, MI 48075-1235 USA
Tel: 313.425.3000 or 800.733.4763