Participants receive a comprehensive introduction to all the currently available rapid prototyping technologies. The course discusses how the different processes work, how they have improved, machine costs, materials used, applications, terminology, acronyms, and, strengths and weaknesses of each technology.
Anyone researching and evaluating the rapid prototyping industry, technology and its application to product development and manufacturing process.
- Identify the different processes used to develop rapid prototypes
- Find out who the manufacturers of each process are
- Clarify what materials are used to develop prototypes
- Find out what kind of computer-aided design is required to use prototyping
- Learn how to cost justify rapid prototyping
- Focus on case study applications
- Identify how rapid prototyping can integrate and complement an existing prototype shop
- Find out what the future is for rapid prototyping
- Explore prototyping outsourcing
- Find out how CAD data is represented and translated to rapid prototyping systems
- Inspect finished parts from each process