Fundamentals of Manufacturing*, Third Edition, by Philip D. Rufe, CMfgE, is the recommended review book for the Certified Manufacturing Technologist (CMfgT) and Certified Manufacturing Engineer (CMfgE) exams.
The Fundamentals of Manufacturing Workbook* is an essential tool for studying for the exams and determining where further work is needed. It contains 325 questions and solutions weighted according to the Body of Knowledge.
Save 10% when you purchase the Fundamentals of Manufacturing Book and Workbook Package.
Additional review books include:
- Bakerjian, Ramon and Cubberly, William H. (1989). Tool and Manufacturing Engineer’s Handbook, Desk Edition. Dearborn, MI: SME. ISBN: 978-0872633513
- Oberg, Erik (2012). Machinery’s Handbook (29th Ed.). Norwalk, CT: Industrial Press. ISBN: 978-0831129002 (available in a variety of formats including toolbox size, large print, and CD-ROM)
- Nee, John G. (2010). Fundamentals of Tool Design* (6th Ed.). Dearborn, MI: SME. ISBN: 978-0872638679
- Elshennawy, Ahmad K. and Weheba, Gamal S. (2014). Manufacturing Processes and Materials* (5th Ed.). Dearborn, MI: SME. ISBN: 978-0872638716
* These books are available in eBook format. You can bring the eBook format to the exam. For online exams, the eBook(s) must be on a different device than the device on which you are taking the exam.